Hey Friends… I hope you are doing well. Today I am going to share about how to make winter’s most delicious recipe ‘ Gajar Matar’ in kadahi.
So, to make gajar matar we need :
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chilies
- 6-7 pieces of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of ginger
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 6-7 gajar
- 1 small bowl of matar
- ½ tablespoon of red chili powder ( According to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder ( According to requirement)
- ¼ tablespoon garam masala
- ¼ tablespoon of dhania powder
- Salt according to taste
- Few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing (Optional)
How to make Gazar Matar
- Peel and rinse Gazar and cut into very small pieces ( Tastes Better compare to largely sliced)
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil in kadahi and heat that.
- When the oil change its color to light yellow keep the gas dim and add cumin seeds after 30-40 seconds
- After 15 seconds add chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic
- When the color of ginger and garlic turns into light brown add onions into it and sauté it well at low flame. You can cover the to kadahi to cook it well.
- After that add tomato in this and sauté well and again cover again if needed.
- Add all the masalas into it like red chili powder, salt, turmeric and mix well to give beautiful color to vegetable.
- When all the masalas leave their oil add chopped gajar and matar into it and again mix well with tadka.
- Add a few water into it if needed but this vegetable is meant to be cook without water.
- Cover the kadahi and keep the flame low.
- Keep on checking in every few minutes and turn off the gas when it cooked properly. It becomes so soft and eye catchy after cooked.
- Do not open the kadahi and let the sabazi rest for 10-15 mints without flame.
- Now garnish the delicious gajar matar sabzi with chopped coriander leaves and serve to your loved ones.
So, try this recipe at home and comment below your reviews and experience. Enjoy 🙂