I hope you are doing well. So, today I will tell you how to make delicious Pav Bhaaji to make your Sunday special.
Pav Bhaaji is an Indian spicy street food which is prepared by adding two parts- Pav and Bhaaji.
Pav – It is basically a dinner roll (Pav ) that you will get from any store. But if you do not get Pav then you can use simple bread or burger buns to enjoy your meal.
Bhaaji – It is spicy blended mash of veggies. To make bhaaji, you will need
- Potato- 4 piece
- Shimla mirch- 2 piece
- Gazar- 2
- Matar- small bowl
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 2 spoon (Make a Paste)
- Dhaniya- for garnishing (Chopped)
- Onion- 3 pieces (Chopped)
- Tomato- 3 pieces (Make a curry)
- Hri mirch- 4 (Chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Butter- 100gm
- Water- 1 glass
- Pav Bhaji Masala- 3/2 chamach
- Kasturi methi – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Lal mirch- 1 chamach
- Cumin seeds- 1 chamach
- Garam Masala- 1/2 chamach
- Lemon – 1
- Boil all the veggies firstly and keep them aside.
- Place the kadahi on burner and add 1 tablespoons of butter and oil in it and heat it. When the butter melts and oil is hot turn off the burner.
- Add cumin seeds into it and let them sizzle. Also add finely chopped hari mirch and ginger garlic paste into it.
- Now add chopped onions in it and mix it well. Let the onion get brown and cook them for 4-5 mints on medium heat.
- Add tomato curry into it and ¼ glass of water in it and add ¼ teaspoon of salt in it and mix them well. You can cover the kadahi with plate and leave it for 5-6 mints to make it soft and finely cooked.
- Now add all the masalas like pav bhaaji masala, garam masala, lal mirch, and salt(according to taste) and mix them well.
- Add kasturi methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and again mix it well with all the masalas.
- Now add all boiled veggies into it and stir well.
- Take a potato masher and mash all the vegetables properly and make a paste of it so that it can get mixed with other masalas.
- Now add remaining water into it and cover the kadahi so that all the things can boil well and keep the burner low for 15 mints (keep on checking again and again).
- Now open the kadahi and add remaining butter into it and again cover the kadahi for 2-3 mints.
- Remove the kadahi from burner.
Method To Roast Pav
- Heat the pan and melt lil bit of butter on it.
- Now sprinkle some Pav Bhaaji masala on it and place the pav on it and press to toast the pav from both sides to make it crispy.
To serve the pav bhaji, bhaji in a plate and add butter on the top it. Serve with 2 pavs and a side of chopped onions and a lemon slice.
I like to serve it with lots of onions on the sides, it tastes really amazing that way! 🙂